Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Tutu {Tutorial}




I whipped up this little back tutu for Ariana the other day and it's perfect for her Halloween outfit. It would be cute as part of a costume, she was a black cat with a tutu and ears and a fluffy tail with a similar tutu I made on her first Halloween.

Here is how I made this tutu. It's so easy!

Supplies:
spool of tulle
scissors
elastic
sewing machine and thread



1. Measure your waistband. I used my elastic and just put it around Ariana's waist and marked where I wanted it. Make sure it overlaps a little when you cut it so you can sew it closed.
2. Using a sewing machine make a few stitches back and forth to close it and make your waistband.
3. Measure you tulle. I cut mine at about 14 inches. My tutu is made up of 60 strips. Don't worry if they aren't perfect.
4. I put my elastic around a chair to hold it steady while I worked. Starting with one strip of tulle at a time, fold it in half and poke it down behind the elastic.


5. Reach your fingers up through the loop and grab the tail of your tulle.
6. Pull the tail through forming an knot on the elastic band.
7. It should look like this.
8. Repeat knots until you have a full skirt. Remember mine took about 60 pieces of tulle.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. So cute - you think I'd look silly in one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Tu-tu cute! :-) It looks like it was fun to make too! Wonder if my cats would wear one…

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, she is just the cutest little thing!!! That tutu and outfit are adorable and she is so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete