Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Friday, September 28, 2012

Counting Cups

Ariana and I call these our counting cups. I used old egg dying cups and some dried noodles from when we made noodle necklaces and printed numbers cards (actually stickers). We put numbers by each cup and counted out noodles into each cup. Easy and good practice activity for a stay at home day or preschool activity. You don't have to use noodles, you can use anything smallish. Cotton balls would be something easy, or buttons, or beads. I just used what I had that day when I came up with the idea.




We only went to seven because that's how many of these egg dye cups I could find that day but obviously as they get better at counting you can add more cups and higher numbers.

We first made these in the Spring but I'm just now getting around to posting pictures. Ariana wanted to play again the other day after seeing the cups in our cupboard. Then she shocked me...

Ariana: "Do you know what Mommy? Five and two make seven"
Me: "Umm you're 3 years old, when did you learn to add!?"
Ariana: "Today. I just know."
Oh boy!



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! That looks like a fun activity! She is one smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete