Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos {Recipe}





If you've ever had the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizers at Bonefish Grill you know how amazing these are! I had them last year on my birthday for the first time. I decided to make them at home one night and they turned out good. Then I came up with the idea of putting them into tacos (you know like fish tacos, but better). Best idea for dinner I'd had in a while. They were outstanding! I knew I had to recreate it to share here. So without further ado, everyone welcome Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos to my blog.



Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos

20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined*


SPICY SAUCE:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (sirachi sauce)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar


FOR THE EGG MIXTURE:
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk


FOR THE BREADING MIXTURE:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil


FOR FRYING:
a couple of cups vegetable shortening or oil


GARNISH:
flour tortillas
guacamole or avocado
coleslaw mixture**
green onions, chopped (green part only)
tomatos, chopped

1. Mix together your dry ingredients for your breading in a shallow bowl.
2. Mix together your egg and milk in another small bowl.
3. Dip your shrimp in the panko mixture, then the egg mixture, then the panko mixture again. Set them aside on a plate. Once all your shrimp are breaded, put them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. This helps the breading stay on while you fry them.
4. Mix together the ingredients for your sauce while you wait. This is when I made my guacamole as well. (check your social networks ha!)
5. Put enough oil to go half way up your shrimp in a large shallow pan. Heat on medium high heat until sizzling occurs when you start to put your shrimp in.
6. Fry your shrimp on each side about 2 mins until golden brown. Drain off oil.
7. Coat your shrimp in your bang bang sauce in a bowl. 
8. Create your tacos with the coleslaw mixture, guacamole or avocado, 4-5 shrimp. Top with tomatoes and green onions. Feel free to add extra sirachi sauce if you like more bang!

Enjoy!!


*I used frozen raw tail on shrimp. Just defrost them and pull the tail off before you do your breading.
**My green mixture was mixed greens, cabbage, radishes, and carrots

For another yummy taco recipe, check out these Chicken Tinga Quesadilla Tacos I shared on Craft and Crave!


Inspired by Bonefish Grill. Shrimp sauce and breading adapted from Secret Restaurant Recipes






Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm!!! This sounds SO good. I'm definitely going to make these! I want them NOW. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipe it taste just like bone fish grill i have been making these shrimp non stop!!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete