Here are 17 must-read books that are becoming movies in 2017. I hope I can read some if not all of them before watching the movies.
1. Hidden Figures - Release date: Jan 6, 2017
The true story of black female mathematicians and their quiet, unsung achievements for NASA in the 1960's.
2. Fifty Shades Darker - Release date: Feb. 10, 2017
Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele deepen their relationship in the the Fifty Shades of Grey sequel.
3. Before I Fall - Release date: Mar 3, 2017
Highschooler Samantha relieves the day of her death over and over to untangle mysteries of her life and death
4. The Zookeeper's Wife - Release date: March 31, 2017
Follow the story of the brave zookeepers who hide refugees in zoo during World War II. Check out my other favorite WWII books.
5. Wonder - Release date: April 7, 2017
Auggie is born with a face deformity. Read through different perspectives as Auggie attends mainstream school for the first time. We are all rooting for Auggie through friendship, compassion and empathy.
6. The Lost City of Z - Release date: April 21, 2017
British explorer Percy gets lost searching for the fabled civilization in the Amazon.
7. The Circle - Release date: April 28, 2017
Mae takes a job at a powerful internet company. Suspense builds as she climbs the corporate ladder and questions start arising about power, democracy and privacy.
8. Everything, Everything - Release date: May 19, 2017
Teenage Maddy has a rare immunodeficiency disorder which makes her allergic to the outside world. When Olly, a boy, moves next door, Maddy falls in love and is willing to take a big risk.
9. My Cousin Rachel - Release date: July 14, 2017
A man named Philip inherits his cousin's fortune and estate after his mysterious death. His cousin's beautiful widow, Rachel may be guilty of killing his family.
10. The Dark Tower - Release date: July 28, 2017
A trilogy series in which a gunslinger searches a magical world for a dark tower to set the world right in a journey of good and evil.
11. The Mountain Between Us - Release date: Oct 20, 2017
During a storm, two strangers charter a plane together. The unthinkable happens and they crash into wilderness. They now have to learn to depend on each other to survive.
12. Let it Snow - Release date: Nov 2017
Three interconnected love stories for the holidays.
13. Murder on the Orient Express - Release date : Nov 22, 2017
A train is stopped on the tracks during a snowstorm. During the night a millionaire is murdered and the detective must figure out who the killer is.
14. Annihilation - Release date: TBD
Area X has seen it's share of explorers all which have had mysterious happenings. Follow the 12th expedition into this uncivilized terrain.
15. The House of Tomorrow - Release date: TBD
A coming of age tale of Sebastian who has been homeschooled by his eccentric grandmother. When he meets Jared, a rebel 16 year old. Sebastian has to decide which path he wants to take.
16. The Nightingale - Release date: TBD
The Nazi's have invaded France during WWII. The Nightingale tells the tale of 2 sisters fighting on either side of the war. Check out my other favorite WWII novels.
17. Thank You For Your Service - Release date - TBD
A non-fiction book that follows the lives of soldiers who have come back from war. See what life is like for these heroes as they cope with PTSD, life back home and their most painful and intimate moments.
Back in 2012 I challenged myself to read 25 books and I ended up reading 30 books in 2012! You can also read my reviews of some of the books I read in 2013.
Have you read any of these books? Do you plan on seeing the movies this year?
This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are our own.