Summer is in full swing and I thought I would share this recipe. This is a yummy summer time treat! It was my Granddaddy's favorite dessert. It's great for a BBQ or picnic in the park!
Let's get started.
What you will need:
Angel food cake
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1-1/2 cups water
1/4 stick butter
2 regular size (3 oz) pkgs of Pineapple Jello
(this can be hard to find--start looking for it now and buy 4 packs when you find it!!)
1 can crushed pineapple
1. Mix together the sugar, cornstarch, water, butter and pineapple jello together in a sauce pot on the stove. Heat until it turns a smooth silky golden color. It should look something like this.
2. Then add in the can of pineapple.
3. Tear the Angel Food cake into 1 1/2 to 2 inch chunks and put them in a oblong baking dish. Ariana helped me with this part.
4. Pour the pineapple mixture on top and let it cool in the refrigerator. I let mine set for at least 2 hours.
5. Top with Cool Whip. You can sprinkle with coconut if you like coconut (I don't).