I love cupcakes, and these are so good!!!
I got this recipe out of a magazine a few years ago. (I think Kraft magazine, I used to love that thing!) I made them for my friend for her birthday. Recently, I dug out the recipe and made 4 dozen of these little cuties! Some for us, and some for my husband to take to work. They didn't last long at either place! Today, I thought I would share the recipe with y'all!
Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes
1 box butter yellow cake mix
eggs (as needed on cake mix box)
butter (as needed on cake mix box)
1 package (small) instant vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
1.5 cup cool whip
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
2. When cupcakes are cool, wisk together the milk and vanilla pudding for 3 minutes. Fold in 1/2 cup of the Cool Whip and set it aside.
3. Melt the remaining 1 cup of Cool Whip and the chocolate chips together in the microwave until just melted. Stir well. Set aside to cool, about 15 minutes.
4. With a bread knife cut the tops of the cupcakes off. Spoon a layer of the pudding mixture onto the bottom half and top with the cupcake top.
5. Once all the cupcakes are "filled" spread the cooled chocolate on top.
6. Store in the refrigerator.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I've got a fun crafty DIY I could share with everyone if I can get it together enough to take pictures of it. I'm also thinking I'm going to have to bake some extra special sweet treats. Hmmm, I may have to go searching through my cookbooks this week!