Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Three Cheese Potato Soup {recipe}



* My friend gave me this recipe and I tweaked it a little. All measurements are estimates. I didn't measure but only eyeballed these ingredients and used what I had in the cupboard. You could use heavy cream instead of milk if you have it. Use whatever cheese you have, I just happen to have those cheese in my fridge. It all turned out delicious though and I've made it a few times!

Three Cheese Potato Soup
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 hot dogs, sliced
olive oil
2.5  cups chicken broth
4-5 medium potatoes
2.5 cups milk
1 cup cheddar
1 cup mozzarella
1 cup swiss

Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks, begin boiling in salted water about 10 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large pot sauté onions, garlic, and hot dogs in olive oil over medium heat until onion is slightly browned and soft. Stir in chicken broth. Dump in drained potatoes and mash with potato masher until smooth, some lumps are okay. Add in salt and pepper to taste and mix in milk. Stir in cheeses, leaving a little for topping. Adjust milk and chicken stock if the soup is too thick. Heat through and serve. 

I like mine with a big German pretzel and a cold beer!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That looks super yummy! I love potato soup, so I need to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete