You are in for a special treat today!! This is a pretty special recipe that my husband and I have been making for the past 8 years we've been married, and it's one of our favorites. We've tweaked it over time but not much we like it the way we like it
Sauteed Ravioli with Spinach-Mushroom Pesto Cream Sauce
1 lb cheese filled ravioli (I get a big bag of frozen ones)
1 medium onion
1/2 pound mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 container sour cream (16 oz) it's about 1.5 cups
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Fill a large pot with water and cook your ravioli as directed on the package. Thaw spinach under cool water running water in a colander in the sink.
2. Chop your onion and garlic.
3. In a large skillet heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile clean and slice your mushrooms.
5. Add a tablespoon of butter to your onion mixture and once melted, add in your mushrooms, stirring to coat. Cook until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
6. Chop your basil. Squeeze the moisture out of your spinach and add this and basil to your skillet. Heat through about 1 minute.
7. Stir in the sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and cook about 1 minute.
8. In another large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and heat over medium high heat. Add the drained ravioli and sauté until they are just beginning to brown. About 2 minutes per side I think. You may have to do this in batches.
9. Drain ravioli and plate. Top with sauce and sprinkle with extra parmesan if you'd like.
This takes about an hour to make, start to finish and serves 4. Delicious!!