Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Little Mister's Nursery Tour



Welcome to the nursery! Inspired by sea-glass and wild adventures!

Decorating nurseries are seriously my favorite thing. I loved decorating for Ariana and I loved decorating for our Little Mister just as much. Decorating for a boy was so much fun! The colors are mostly blue, aqua, turquoise, green, and gray.


All the big furniture we bought when we were pregnant with Ariana. The crib, dresser, changing table and rocker/glider.




This Emerson quote was the very first thing that I saw and I knew I wanted it in our nursery. I found it at Good Life Zines on Etsy. It seems it was an older print and the seller was amazing working with me to get the size I wanted! 



The lion was a gift from my family, I love his crazy mane! Yes, those are Freshly Picked moccasins, all the cool babies have them! I sewed those hot air balloons in the mobile using a pattern from Craft Schmaft. I adore them and think they add to the adventure "theme" if you will.






The bookshelf holds a few of the old board books we saved from when Ariana was little and a few new books picked out just for him by Ariana! It also has Sophie the Giraffe, some dinosaurs, a basket of baby toys, and a Skwish Classic Toy. Along with another nod to adventure with my "adventure awaits" print I made using one of my photos from our trip to Sardinia. I really love the personal touches we added!



A boppy bouncer and sweet puppy lovey that matches Ariana's bunny lovey exactly! Ariana still loves her bunny and it's held up nicely with all the loving and washing it's gotten over the past nearly 5 years. When I showed Ariana 5 different lovey's I found online this is the one she picked so he could have one like her! So sweet!



It might just be me but I go all starry eyed every time I walk into the nursery and spy that triangle quilt. It compliments the room nicely. The green table and turquoise lamp add just the right pop of color to that corner and the rattle rocket ship is one of the first things I bought for the nursery.


In the picture below you can see a peek into our room and the bassinett he'll be sleeping in for the first little while. The gray rug that took us forever to find gives the room a warmer, more finished feeling.






His changing table is all set up. Turquoise bins hold diapers, blankets, our ergo (which I can't wait to use!), nursing cover, and other nursing/health essentials for a newborn. You can see our DIY tutorial for the oversized abacus, that was totally made with love! It's exactly what I wanted!



Of course the crib is the main focus of the room and I love our Iviebaby custom sheets and crib skirt. When I saw the elephant fabric I knew I wanted it made into a boppy cover so I got that as well. Working with Elizabeth to create the right flow was wonderful. She even made the minky changing pad cover and it fits better on my pad than the one I used to have for Ariana! That girl has skills!




 So that about wraps up his nursery. I could stay in there all day. I often go in there and sit in the rocking chair and just look around. I know he's coming soon and I hope this little space suits him because I'm in love with it!




Shopping Links:

Dino Night Light - Target
Custom Crib Sheet/skirt/boppy/changing pad cover - Ivie Baby
Triangle Baby Quilt - handmade by Mommy
Gray Galaxy Blanket - Dwell Studio
Hot Air Balloon Mobile Fabric and Pattern - Craft Schmaft 
Giraffe print - Fine Art America
Emerson Quote print - Good Life Zines
Adventure Awaits print - Fine Art America
Crochet Baby Blanket - handmade by Mommy

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it. It's just gorgeous, Catherine. Can't wait for baby to get here to fill it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Hope Baby comes soon!

    ReplyDelete