Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No more turkey sandwiches!

Hello! I hope everyone had a nice Holiday weekend. I can't believe how busy I was. I'm been neglecting my blog. My mom came to town so we enjoyed every second together. Ariana really enjoyed Christmas this year and was so excited on Christmas morning! I have TONS of pictures to go through and decide which ones I'm going to put on here. 

For now, I'm just trying to find ways to get rid of the last little bit of turkey we have left. I'm getting sick of turkey sandwiches. I thought I would share with you a yummy Turkey Tetrazzini recipe I had and maybe people can use it for leftovers. Most people don't like tetrazzini recipes cause they are so dry, but this one is really creamy and yummy!





See it makes a big casserole dish full! I made this last night and served ours with French bread with butter and Parmesan cheese toasted in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes, and a bottle of white wine. Here is the recipe...





Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini


1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1-1/2 cup cooked turkey
1 medium onion
1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped pimento
8 oz. thin spaghetti
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
 
Saute onion, celery and mushrooms until cooked in a little olive oil.  Drain oil.  Make medium sauce with the butter, flour, broth and heavy cream.  Cook spahetti and drain.
 
Combine the white sauce with turkey, spahetti and cooked veggies, pimento and cheese.  Place in 2 quart casserole sprayed with Pam.
 
Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on top.  Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until well browned.
 
**You can buy cream of mushroom soup if you don't have enough of the white sauce.  You want the mixture to be pretty creamy.
 
 
 
I'm going to go work on my Christmas post, that I'm sorry will have LOTS and LOTS of pictures...I'll try to narrow it down some :) 
 
xo,
Cat


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I didnt know you have some of the same owl paper I have. I got one of each paper of like half the scrapbooking paper section. lol that recipe sounds yummy, next time I make turkey I'll have to try it. Looking forward to your Christmas post!!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete