Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Applesauce Ornaments

These Applesauce Ornaments are a great craft for the kids!
A perfect project for Christmas!
AND they smell yummy!!

My friend Bethany told me about her and her daughter Cailin making these fun ornaments. They sounded like something Ariana would like to do, so I decided to try them.

 The best part, you probably already have everything to make these in your cupboard!

Here is how I made mine. 
It was sort of trial and error, but happily, they turned out great!

What you need:
Applesauce (1 cup)
Cinnamon (2 small round containers, or about 1/2 of a big container)
Flour (1 cup. I eyeballed it since my dough was too wet, adding a little bit at a time.)
Cookie cutters, wax paper, rolling pin, toothpick

Mix all this together to make a dough. Roll it out on wax paper. (Be sure to sprinkle well with flour or it may stick)  Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Use a toothpick or straw to make a hole in the top to string them up with later. I put mine on an cookie sheet and baked in a 150 degree oven for about 2 hours, turning them over halfway through. Bake until dry and hardened, or let them sit out and air dry (this could take a while).

 Ariana loved helping rolling the dough, and cutting out the shapes. 
My dough made about 10 ornaments, but some of mine were pretty thick.

 Once they are dry, string them up with ribbon (I used raffia for mine) and let the kids hang them on the tree!


Resist the urge to smell them all day!

Thanks for the fun idea Bethany! Ariana and I had so much fun doing these!

xo's
Cat
♥♥♥

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment