Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Crackers DIY

Yay, a Christmas craft!!! 

This one is suitable for kids and grown-ups!

Are you having a Christmas party soon? 
Are you mailing packages to loved ones?
Have fun making these lovely Christmas crackers and add a fun touch to any party table or box of presents!

 Christmas Crackers DIY!

Supplies:
toilet paper rolls (or paper towel rolls cut in half)
candy or treats
tissue paper or wrapping paper
stamps, stickers, markers or other embellishments
ribbon or yarn
scissors 
tape (optional)


1. First measure out tissue paper or wrapping paper large enough to roll your tubes up in. Be sure to leave enough on the ends to gather and tie.

2. Let the kids use stamps, stickers or markers to decorate plain tissue paper. (This was a craft I had in my mind for a while, as you can see from all my toilet paper rolls I saved. I decided to pull this one out one day when we were snowed in. Next year I will be sure to have lots of fun stamps and stickers for her to use. This year I just went with what I had.)


3. Once your paper is decorated, roll it around your toilet paper roll.


4. Tie one of the ends off and let the kids fill them with candy.


5. Tie the other end closed and ta-da!

Now you have some pretty Christmas crackers to decorate your Christmas table with.
Or, do what I'm doing and add them to packages to mail to family and friends!
(Use tape to fasten any edges down in the middle of your cracker if you need to.)


Happy crafting!
I'm off to write my Christmas cards!

xo's
Cat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment