I thought it was about time I posted a Christmas recipe. I know a few people that really want this recipe! This blog post is especially for you!
This is Egg Nog cake from our old family friend, Lori. She gave us this recipe 6 years ago, when we first got married and I was putting together a "Friends and Family" cookbook with everyone favorite recipes.
Egg Nog Cake Recipe:
1 package yellow cake mix
1 carton heavy whipping cream (1/2 pint)
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup Rum
1 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 Tbs. water
2 Tbs. Rum
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1. Mix together cake mix, eggs, whipping cream, oil, Rum and Nutmeg. Beat for 2 minutes.
2. Pour into tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
3. Meanwhile, mix sugar, butter, water, Rum and Nutmeg for glaze.
4. When cake comes out of the oven, pour half the glaze around edge of cake while still in pan.
5. Cool for about 5 mins.
6. Take cake out of pan and pour remaining glaze on cake.
It's so yummy and perfect for the holidays!
If anyone has some favorite holiday recipes they want to share, feel free to email me at AFCat84@aol.com and we can do a swap!!