That's it, time to get healthier. And what better time then while my husband is away. We've all done it from time to time, "let ourselves go" a little bit. Well, I'm ready to change that. Since moving to Germany I've let the weight creep up (about 15 pounds this past year). Ouch!
I decided to post about the healthy changes I'm making to my life.
Feel free to follow along, get tips, or totally ignore these particular posts. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise. I'm not doing this for anybody but myself. But since it's something I'll be striving to do better, I'll blog about it to help myself stay motivated. It's harder to quit when you have someone watching you and cheering you on.
So, let's start with my goals.
My goals so far for this challenge:
- Loose 20 pounds before Rich gets back
- Loose a few inches off my waist
- Drop a pants size
- Feel healthier
- Have fun while doing it!
I've added a few healthier meals and snacks to this week.
1. spinach salad with chicken, strawberries, poppy seed dressing and roasted almond slices
2. red grapes as snacks
3. pistachios as snacks
4. baked salmon filet with sauteed spinach and yellow rice
Also, I started doing these 2 workout videos. I did one every other day so I think I did each twice this week.
1. Pilates for Every Body - I LOVE this pilates video! It starts with a warm up and then focuses on all the areas of your body. The ab and leg workout are killer! My butt is so sore, in a good way! I'm not using any resistance bands right now just doing the motions, I'll add more later as I feel stronger. (45 mins)
2. Get Your Body Back - this is fun because it's a little cardio added in small segments and Ariana likes to try to do this with me. It's broken up into several short segments which is helpful for short breaks in between when I'm starting out. Right now I'm only doing Phase One. (27 mins including warm up and 2 minute stretch)
Please note: I'm not a workout guru, nor do I want to turn my blog into a fitness/weight loss blog, but I'm going to take this opportunity to share with you the healthier changes I've made, whether it be workout, food, or anything else that helps me be a healthier me! These are not sponsored posts. I'm not following any set exercise program or diet routine. I'm not taking any weight loss pills or drinking meal supplement shakes. I'm just doing what feels right for me. And maybe they will work for you too.
I know I can do this! I already feel a little better!
*** AND I just weighed myself and I lost 2 pounds this week!