Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Lot Like Christmas....is that politically correct?!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And yes, around here that's shocking to some people. Some people feel they have the right to question us putting up a Christmas tree and having Santa and all that jazz. Yes, I will have a tree and yes, I will have Santa. No, I'm not Christian and no, I don't care. I've been asked on more than one occasion about the way we celebrate our holidays.

I took down my Thanksgiving decorations this weekend and replaced them with my Christmas tree and stockings!



My mom, she's so sweet, she sent us Thanksgiving cards! :)







Also, this year after Halloween I found some cute fall decorations on sale for 1/2 off, so I snagged some scare crow for 75 cents each and this cermaic pumpkin for a few bucks!  They are part of the reason that I love Factory Card and Party Outlet .They look great along with my other fall things.


We decided to put up new decorations on our tree this year. Of course I went to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby aka The Hobs :) I went with a red, gold, and cream color theme. Very classic and old fashioned and reminds me of my favorite Christmas book. I got some cream and gold ribbon and new gold star. I have my eye on these adorable gold reindeer that I might end up going to get later. Knowing me I won't be able to wait, and those reindeer will be on my tree tomorrow!



Ariana helping us decorate! She climbed up there herself.





She was trying to help put the baubles on the tree.





Daddy putting the star on top





Ariana at his feet!


 

Trying to help.





Our pretty tree!




Close up of the star and decorations.





The stockings. These are new this year too.





I love this stocking! Gives me a classic, old fashioned, cozy Christmas feeling!





The final product! :) I love it.


Now, I'm just waiting, not so patiently for my mom to send me some Christmas decorations. Now that all the kids are out of the house, and we have our own children, she's sending me some of the Christmas decorations and stuff that I remember from childhood.

I just need stuff to start my Christmas cards, or that wouldn't be very politically correct for a Jewish girl to say now would it!

Pin It!

1 comment: