Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Monday, March 21, 2011

P64: Scarlet

Ok so Scarlet isn't the deep dark red that I always imagined it was. It's more of a medium red with an orangey tone. I found red's all over the place but only this picture satisfied me in the end. It's a great one for the fact that it's more out of the ordinary and shares a little bit of life in Germany with y'all!

These are shopping carts on base. Oh what's that strange "scarlet" and black gadget hanging on the front, you say?? I'm glad you asked. Basically you need a quarter or Euro (or if you're cool like me a special key-chain you can keep on your keys). Every time you want a buggy (haha I'm from the south y'all) you have to put your money in and it unlocks it from the cart in front of it. To get your money back, you have to return your cart. The part that's hanging off goes in the back of the little gadget and pushes your money back out the front.
Clever, but annoying at times.

(And I kinda like that the car in the background is red too, adds to the photo, and I like the fact that the license plate is a German one!)

Oh and I've officially bought a 64 box of Crayola crayons for the project. Thank you Scarlet. I'm trying to branch out on my photography, so you may be seeing more unique photos to come.

Click below to see other Scarlet photos:

xo's
Cat

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Perfect scarlet match! I enjoy seeing your posts each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! Love being able to see scarlet and a glimpse into you life in Germany! Thanks for sharing at project 64!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking out what everyone finds each week. I would say I am a blog voyeur so to speak.
    I always learn something new from everyone.
    Great capture this week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your take on scarlet. You find such interesting subjects. The money in money back thing reminds me of returnable bottles here in Maine to cut down on litter. I think it's a good idea in concept, but mostly a pain in the butt. Buggies are overated!! I try to get in and with one of those little baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I love getting a glimpse of Germany, and what a great color match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems vaguely familiar to me. I lived in Germany for a while when I was a kid. I'm trying to remember now if I saw these there. Anyway, cool shot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Haven't seen these type of shopping carts since we lived in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the composition of this shot, and the scarlet seems right on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had to "rent" my shopping carts. Cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This shot really brings me back to the first time I encountered these carts when we were living in Strasbourg, France (really close to Kehl, Germany). I can still remember my frustration that everything seemed so difficult, even getting a grocery cart! But then I got use to it and accepted their system of organization. There is something to be said for it!
    Anyway, this is a great shot. I love the bits of scarlet on the carts and then the car in the background. All around great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo and colour find. We have the same trolley system in most supermarkets in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a box of Crayons recently as well! Scarlet was not a Crayola color when I was a kid! Interesting shopping cart system. People in my old neighborhood used them as homes.....seriously. Bet that is not a problem where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just goes to show we can find color in the most unusual places if we are watching closely! Great find.

    ReplyDelete