Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY: Birth Stats Subway Art

A few months ago I came across this post where you could print out subway art to decorate with. From that I was inspired to create some pretty "subway art" of my own featuring Ariana's birthday stats.


I opened a blank page in picmonkey and played around different fonts, texts, sizes and moving it around until I liked how it looked. I used black, gray and yellow for my alternating text colors. Changing ended up changing the fonts to make each line stand out.


I printed it on regular printer paper and mod podged it onto a black canvas I had lying around. I painted the border of my canvas a matching yellow color and gave it a thin layer or mod podge over the top of the paper. It's not perfectly smooth but I like the textures it gives it.


It's displayed on a shelf in the living room by a picture of me and Ariana on my first Mother's Day.

It was a simple project for a personalized piece of artwork. You should make one too! It would even be fun to do with wedding dates, places, times!

Pin It!

1 comment: