Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

On New Year Goals

I kind of hate New Year resolutions. I get them, but I don't think they are realistic. I mean I don't know the exact statistics, but the people I know NEVER seem to keep their New Year resolutions all year long. Most of them only last a few months. And I guess that's okay, at least you tried right?

 I'm a New Year's resolution failer too, don't feel bad. Keeping that in mind I've decided to only give myself 3 goals a month. Each month I'll have 3 new goals for myself in hopes that keeping it smaller will be easier and more achievable. And at the end of the year I'll hopefully have accomplished 36 different goals for myself instead of halfway finishing 1. I think it's a good plan. Yes, it's a good plan. Now onto the goals for this month.


January Goals
1. Yoga everyday
2. More water
3. De-clutter one space

Pretty simple right? I wanted to start simple and start with things I knew would really make me feel better inside and out. I've already been doing yoga every morning. The more I do it, the more I want to do it and actually the past 2 days I've done it in the afternoon too! I'm also drinking more water, it's a healthy body month. 

As for the de-cluttering, I have an idea of what I'm going to start with. Our guest room has become a "just throw it in there to sort through later" space and I don't like that. Time to do the sorting. While I'm at it, I'll probably do some de-cluttering in my crafty space too since it's in the same room. Too much yarn, too much paint, too much clutter. It's the harder of my 3 goals.

What is your take on New Year resolutions? Do you have any specific goals for this year, or like me, this month?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment