Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Confessions of a Pinterest Foodie (4)



It's been a while since I did a foodie post of favorite pinterest recipes. I think partly because we found some awesome new recipes and weren't trying as many new ones as we had been. Plus pregnancy food aversions and tiredness kept me out of the kitchen a little more than usual.

Nonetheless here is a quick roundup of some favorites we've made over the past few months.


Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is one of those things I made on a whim. I thought to myself I want to make a coffee cake tomorrow morning and then I searched for recipes that looked good, didn't take too much time and included strawberries (since I had some in the fridge already). I made because a friend was coming over for breakfast/coffee and we enjoyed it over some good talks. My family enjoyed as well. Super yummy and looks pretty!



Strawberry Mango Salsa. I made this fruit salsa to go on top of some mahi mahi we made on the grill. It was pretty light and summery and the flavors were great! My husband took some the next day with cinnamon pita chips and he loved it. 



Three Vegetable Lasagna. Sometimes you just want something vegetarian and this lasagna was it. I loved the mushroom, spinach, broccoli combo. Definitely one to add if you're looking for new meatless meals.




Chili Mac. We added some Velvetta block cheese and made this into chili cheese mac. I would definately make this again and our 4 year old loved it, probably because she loves Chef Boyardee so much.



Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones. These are skinny scones! With only 5 Weight Watcher points and 199 calories per scone you can have these and not feel too guilty. Made these twice and friends loved them.  



Broiled Tilapia Parmesan. This is probably the easiest and yummiest fish dish I've made. The first time I made this the sauce was too runny, so the second time we added more cheese and a little less butter mayonnaise and it was perfect!



Cheesy Vegetable Chowder. It's getting a little too warm for these cold weather chowders but this one has to be my favorite so far. Loaded with lots of vegetables it tastes like it could be at Panera Bread. My favorite part is that it has carrots since I'm not a fan of carrots I like mine more "hidden" so I can't taste them as much.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That strawberry coffee cake looks delicious! And the salsa is perfect for summer. YUM! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete