Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Close to my heart.

***This is a very real post about a very real issue that has affected me...and many others.***

Domestic Violence.

"Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten."

"Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than care accidents, muggings, and rapes combined."

"Everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends."


These facts are hard to swallow, and even harder to fathom...unless it's happened to you. 
I, myself can sadly say that my life has been affected by domestic violence. 
My family has been affected.


Domestic violence ripped us apart, and bound us tighter together. 
Things got worse before they got better.
But, we survived. 
We were the lucky ones. 
Many people are not. 


February was our darkest hour, and yet, our brightest. 
We lived, we loved, we grew stronger.
Thirteen years later, life goes on, happily, peacefully. 
We cherish this life of love.



In honor of this month of love, help me raise money for those in need of shelter from abuse. 

For the entire month of Feburary, 20% of the proceeds of all my art print sales will be donated to Sister Care, a shelter for abuse victims. I've added my 3 Hearts print (pictured above) and several new prints to the shop, so go check them out.

It takes $46 dollars a day to support one person in their shelter. To find out more, and make your own donation please check out their donation page.

This is an issue that I feel very strongly about, and I hope you will too. If we can't stop the abuse, we can hopefully help provide a safe place for these families when they need it the most.

Please help by spreading the word on your blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.

Hugs,
Cat

*Quotes were taken from the  Domestic Violence Statistics website.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I worked at a dv shelter for 8 yrs I think this is a very good thing you are doing!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! Bravo for being brave! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete